Updates:
This blog is no longer being updated. It's here as an archive of some of the work I've done. The Vimeo videos will continue to update automatically as I add more videos to the FishVidz channel.

(Older updates:)
A documentary-style television show that airs on TV5 in Quebec has requested some of my Ft. Lauderdale footage for an upcoming fall episode. Victoria's Secret TV (2008) recently won 2 Telly awards for our unique online behind-the-scenes coverage! The Extra Action ("Marching Madness") video was expired by Current.com and I cannot at the moment find another version online. Finally, Macy's Satellite Network was closed by Macy's, Inc. and the studio website is no longer available. If I can find my own copy of the control room and studio pictures, I will update the post.


July 12, 1996

Macy's Satellite Network

Video Engineer and Project Manager

(For a full-screen view, click the picture or click here)

San Francisco -
I built this facility in 1995-1996 for Macy's Satellite Network, where I was the Technical Director for about five years. My role in particular for this project was to spec out and purchase over $100,000 worth of new gear and work with architects and contractors to actually build out the facility. Then I racked everything, did all the cabling (with some help from Great Circle Systems, who did the tie lines), tested and tuned it, and trained all the crew. Federated Department Stores' total cost was about $1 million. This was one of the last great analog facilities in the Bay Area, and with a few changes and digital upgrades it was used as the broadcast and post-production center for Macy's West until 2009 (More Pictures).