Updates:
This blog is no longer being updated. It's here as an archive of some of the work I've done. The Vimeo videos will continue to update automatically as I add more videos to the FishVidz channel.

(Older updates:)
A documentary-style television show that airs on TV5 in Quebec has requested some of my Ft. Lauderdale footage for an upcoming fall episode. Victoria's Secret TV (2008) recently won 2 Telly awards for our unique online behind-the-scenes coverage! The Extra Action ("Marching Madness") video was expired by Current.com and I cannot at the moment find another version online. Finally, Macy's Satellite Network was closed by Macy's, Inc. and the studio website is no longer available. If I can find my own copy of the control room and studio pictures, I will update the post.


September 3, 2007

Return to Burning Man

Broadcast Engineer (1 of 3) - Live Camera Operator (1 of 4)

Black Rock City, NV -
Current TV was at Burning Man again in 2007, and I went along to coordinate setup of cameras and audio and shoot two live events. Saturday night's highlight, of course, was the burning of The Man. And just like the year before, we were right in the middle of it all, bringing you live multicamera TV straight from the Playa.

Here it is in its entirety as aired on Current TV:

After The Man burned, we had about an hour or so to get all of our cameras and transmitters over to Crude Awakening for another multicamera event live from the Playa. With live music, more fireworks and some serious pyrotechnics, this promised to be a huge one.

Here's the edited version of that event, with the biggest fireball I've ever seen in my life: