Updates:
This blog is no longer being updated. It's here as an archive of some of the work I've done. The Vimeo videos will continue to update automatically as I add more videos to the FishVidz channel.

(Older updates:)
A documentary-style television show that airs on TV5 in Quebec has requested some of my Ft. Lauderdale footage for an upcoming fall episode. Victoria's Secret TV (2008) recently won 2 Telly awards for our unique online behind-the-scenes coverage! The Extra Action ("Marching Madness") video was expired by Current.com and I cannot at the moment find another version online. Finally, Macy's Satellite Network was closed by Macy's, Inc. and the studio website is no longer available. If I can find my own copy of the control room and studio pictures, I will update the post.


June 14, 2008

Digital Shootout Bonaire

Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
(Photo by Gabriel Beyrent )

On the final night at the Digital Shootout Bonaire 2008, I took third place in the video competition. What a great experience, diving in the crystal clear Caribbean for a full week, shooting every day with my Sony HC-3 and Seatool housing.

Diving with some real pros in the underwater imaging community was a blast, and I learned a ton from them about how to get a good shot in the water. The classes in the afternoons and the slideshow parties at night really rounded out the experience.

Anyway, here is my third-place winning video:




There are more of my videos from this event at Vimeo. Eric Cheng of Wetpixel also kept a fun video blog on his Digital Shootout 2008 Live Coverage page. It includes some video by me and some of me, as well as lots of the awesome photos that the still photo participants (the majority of the shooters at the event) turned in.