Updates:
This blog is no longer being updated. It's here as an archive of some of the work I've done. The Vimeo videos will continue to update automatically as I add more videos to the FishVidz channel.

(Older updates:)
A documentary-style television show that airs on TV5 in Quebec has requested some of my Ft. Lauderdale footage for an upcoming fall episode. Victoria's Secret TV (2008) recently won 2 Telly awards for our unique online behind-the-scenes coverage! The Extra Action ("Marching Madness") video was expired by Current.com and I cannot at the moment find another version online. Finally, Macy's Satellite Network was closed by Macy's, Inc. and the studio website is no longer available. If I can find my own copy of the control room and studio pictures, I will update the post.


June 27, 2009

Iron Outrigger Championships

Water Camera Operator



San Diego, CA -
Another race in the series sanctioned by SCORA, the Southern CA Outrigger Racing Association. This time, it was a pair of six-person races out in San Diego's beautiful Mission Bay.

While Producer Andy Waldron shot from his perch on the bow of a 12' dinghy, I shot from the water and caught rides on various support boats from one turn buoy to the next, similar to how we did Malibu back in March.

What blows me away is how cool the support crews are to videographers and photographers... not just those shooting from the deck, but even the ones like me that need to be constantly dropped in and picked up at every turn. As paddlers themselves, for the most part, I think they appreciate the publicity that we're trying to bring to the sport, and they do everything they can to keep us safe and put us in a good spot to shoot.